Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Sugar Free Peanut Butter Cream Pie

If you've ever eaten peanut butter with a spoon you will love this!
I'm not really into collecting recipes but sometimes when I see one that uses an unexpected ingredient I have to try it. This extremely rich tasting pie uses cottage cheese mixed with peanut butter, vanilla instant pudding, and whipped topping. Using a food processor cream 12 ounces of cottage cheese (low fat or no fat is OK, also it's an old recipe I don't think they make 12 oz. cartons anymore, use half a 24oz carton) until it is smooth. Blend in 3/4 to 1 cup peanut butter (I didn't say it was low calorie). Then add a small box of vanilla instant pudding and a container of whipped topping. Pour into a prepared pie shell.   I added some chocolate hard shell topping so mine is not strictly sugar free. This is an especially nice recipe to have if you have family members or guests who can not have sugar.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

blogger templates |