Monday, December 12, 2011

Beautiful Antique French Velvet..........thing

Is there anyone out there who can tell me what this is?

I bought it a French container auction many years ago and I've never known what it is for exactly. The center is padded as though to be used as a pincushion but it's very large, over 15 inches tall. It's velvet covering a hard frame and trimmed with ormulu and wax flowers. When I was in an antique mall twenty years ago there was a French dealer who often had these but I can't remember what they were called.
I've kept it on my vanity to hold jewelry pins but now I want to put it in my Etsy shop but I don't know what it is. I have looked and looked on the internet using every keyword I could think of and I can't find another one. Does anyone out there have any ideas?

1 comment:

lvroftiques said...

Really nobody ever answered you? I'm sure you know by now, but what you have is the interior to a French globe de mariee. And it's a lovely one too!....Sheesh I'm only two years too late... Vanna

Related Posts with Thumbnails

blogger templates |